Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A penny for your thoughts...

I was at the post office today and there was a cup that said, "A penny for your thoughts"

I see this quote everywhere...
Never really understood it...
But when I walked out of the Student Center, I start thinking about a lot of things...

Family.
Church.
Christmas.
My lovely roommates.
How my tummy was hungry.
Friends from afar.
Old memories.
Memories to make.
How I love school.
Ways I can improve my own life. 

I guess you can say that was 10 cents for my thoughts.
The more I thought about these 10 things...the bigger my smile got.
I've never really thought about life like that.


"A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell 'em for a dollar.
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singing
Funny, when you're dead how people start listening..."
-A Band Called Perry

This verse of "If I Die Young" is brilliant.
I think it's one of my top 5 favorite lyrics.
Why?
Many reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment