Monday, November 7, 2011

Chad James & Anna Marilyn

Day 7!
Today I am grateful for a very special person. His name is Chad James Nilsson. He has been one of my best friends since the 4th grade. We met in "Good News" at Clayton Productions and we have been best friends ever since. He is my roommate, Aubrey's, older brother. We both miss him like crazy!


5 things you need to know about Chad:

1. He is the biggest BYU fan I know.
2. He LOVES Vanilla and Oreo ice cream...from Smith's.
3. He is serving a mission in Romania.
4. He has 9 fingers...that's right...9.
5. He is one of the most genuine and loving people I know.

Oh..and he comes from a wonderful family. Today I am grateful for Chad for many reasons. He has gotten me through some of the hardest times of my life. He has always been there to talk to and give me advice. His letters are full of funny comments and a strong testimony. He has always been there to make me laugh when I'm on the verge of tears. I remember the last birthday I had before he left on his mission, he called me and said, "Annie! Are you home? I have something for you for your birthday!"...literally 3 minutes later, Chad pulled up in my driveway. He walked out of his car holding a balloon, a 2 liter of Dr. Pepper and a big bag of harvest cheddar sun chips...my favorite snack. Along with a Hoops and YoYo card. Hoops and YoYo is our favorite! It meant a lot to me that he remembered my favorite snack!

He sent me this picture on Thanksgiving!

Chad and I have traveled the world together!..okay...maybe just San Francisco, Branson, San Antonio, Denver, Chicago and Orlando...but memories beyond this world were created. Chad is like an older brother to me. We've had quite the history and according to Laurel Clayton Dowse...he's my soul mate.

At the BYU-Utah game, his older brother Jace asked me, "Annie? Who is your favorite Nilsson?" That is probably the hardest question I have ever had to answer. They are all my favorite! But I just said, "Chad...since he's not here! haha!" Then I really thought about it...Chad is just one of my favorite PEOPLE! He has supported me at EVERY dance concert I've been in. Whether it be, Clayton Dance Company, Olympus High School Dance Company, all of my school musicals or Synergy...he was there. He has been my dance partner in crime since "Good News"!

Man I miss that boy! I have Kim Clayton to thank for putting us in the same group together at age 10.


I just love the Nilsson family and am so grateful for their wonderful example and hospitality!
I'm so grateful for my 9-fingered friend Chad James Nilsson!


1 comment:

  1. Oops - I meant to write on this post so you'll see it. I wrote a comment on the post below too. ha ha. Oh and guess what else is funny - I knew Stephanie Dana when I was little - not sure if she remembers, but we lived by each other for a little while! . . . and my niece has celiac and she's at BYU right now. They (her and her mom) probably know lots of recipes and tricks since she's been eating that way her whole life.

    ReplyDelete