Wednesday, January 9, 2013

.unknown.happiness.

I walked out of class today feeling genuinely happy.
Now this is a feeling I haven't feel since...well to be honest...I don't know.
I had just finished my Intro. to Special Education class.
A class that is nearly 3 hours but for some reason does not bother me one bit.
I didn't know why I was happy.
Nothing specific had really happened that day to bring on this sort of happiness.
So why was I this giddy?
Maybe it was because the sun was shining.
Maybe it was because with the sun shine came actual warm air and no more bitter chill.
Maybe is was being I was listening to John Mayer (favorite male singer) with my new ear muffs that can play music.
Maybe it was because I was finding myself actually enjoying this new university and change.
Maybe it was because I loved my major.
Maybe it was because my application to the program was officially done.
Maybe it was because I just wanted to be happy...so I was.
I literally could not stop smiling.
There was a giggle here and there.
I would shake my head just laughing at myself for being so giddy.
I probably looked like a complete fool walking home today.
I didn't care.
Especially since I hadn't felt this way in a REALLY long time.
It was well worth the wait.

"Wanna know why I smile so much?
        ...because it's worth it..."
                                -Marcel the Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment