Tuesday, January 22, 2013

.anchor.

As you can see, I gave my blog a completely new make over. This is something I do every once in a while because I have never been 100% happy with my blog designs. Four hours later, I finally mastered it and am 100% satisfied. 
Now you can probably tell that I love anchors and sailboats. This is something that I picked up on about a year and a half ago. Aub has this shirt that has sailboats all over it and I kind of fell in love with it when I first saw it. After borrowing that shirt a few times, my love for sailboats and anchors grew.
 I love the innocent feeling of sailing. My dad and I go sailing in Florida whenever we get a chance so that is kind of our thing. I love the peaceful feeling of being out on sea with my dad and having wonderful talks with him.
Anchors have a really special meaning in my life. Over these last few years, I have been through some really tough times where I feel like I am stuck there or where I have lost all hope. Thankfully I have been able to get out of those situations. However, there was no possible way I was able to do that alone. I have so many "anchors" in my life that have helped me stay on my feet and stay strong. Family...friends...school...the gospel...my Savior...dance...music...so many little things in life. I am forever grateful for those anchors and for the sturdiness and consistency of them. 
"We have a HOPE as an ANCHOR for our souls. Firm and secure."
This blog make over helped me see the anchors in my life and has given me an opportunity to make some changes in my life. I feel like my attitude in life needed a make over just like this blog did. Thank you every one who has been an anchor, past and present, in my life. I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment