Monday, January 7, 2013

Opposition in all things...

Tonight I had a neat experience.
I was getting ready for bed and Trent called me
and we decided to read scriptures before we headed to bed.
I was wanting to go to sleep due to a head ache
but Trent helped me pull out my Book of Mormon and read.
We read out of 2 Nephi in chapter 2.
I have never really paid close attention to this chapter.
Tonight I did.
After we finished reading,
I asked Trent what he liked about the chapter.
He went on saying some pretty neat stuff that I feel like I should share...

"There is a need for opposition in all things. If we didn't experience the bad things in life, we would never know the good things. (verse 13) Sometimes people ask the question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?" We look at sad times like the Sandy Hook shooting and 9/11. Those experiences brought our country together and because of that, the lives of future elementary school students and flight passengers will be saved. We need sad times to know the good things in life and to appreciate what we have been blessed with."

I loved everything he said that I hurry and grabbed my laptop to type it up.
We really do live in a cruel world.
I am one of those people who ask, "Why do bad things happen to good people?"
I remember when my car got broken into 2 times within 2 weeks.
I asked that question over and over again.
Asking Heavenly Father why in the world he would do that to me.
I was angry.
Precious things were stolen and those are things I will never get back.
But this, however, taught me to be more cautious and safe.
It goes back to what Trent said.
Bad things happen so we can feel happiness.
If Adam hadn't partaken of the forbidden fruit,
he would have never known happiness because he would have never felt misery.
I never really understood that teaching until tonight.

I am truly blessed to have people in my life who motivate me
to go to school and try new things and help me open up my scriptures to read every night.

Truly blessed.

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment