Monday, January 7, 2013

I'm a Cougar

Okay so the title of my blog may come off in a different way.
But it's true.
I am a cougar.
At BYU of course.
I never thought this day would come.
I have been a Ute like my dad.
So we'll see how this goes...
BUT moving on!
So I woke up feeling exhausted.
I didn't sleep much last night due to the fact that
my bed is hard as rock,
I was in a new apartment,
and I was nervous about my first day of school.
Woke up and showered.
Got ready...and bundled up.
I live down the street from campus and heard
parking is a beast.
So I walked.
Note to self...wear gloves, a hat and bring headphones.
It was a lonely and cold walk.
But I made it to my first class.
Joseph Smith and the Restoration.
My good friend Alex Howland and I signed up for this class together
so it will be good to have a study buddy!
50 minute classes are my favorite!
Due to the fact that my Special Education classes are almost 3 hours...
But I love my professor Susan Black.
I actually sat by her on a plane ride to Nauvoo when I was 10.
So we go way back!
Headed to class numero dos.
Music 101.
I walk in to find 300 students.
I haven't been in a class this big since my math class at the U.
Not too stoked about this....
I find my friend Erika Madsen from high school!
Big sigh of relief as I went to sit by her!
I LOVE my professor!
He is so nice and fun to learn from.
I learned about dynamics and genres...child's play. Pah!
This will be a good class....a good and easy one. heh heh.

Any ways...first day of school here at BYU was pleasant.
Easier than I thought it would be.
I know it will get harder but I needed this first day.
Never thought I would be walking the campus of BYU.
Made it.
Proud of myself.

Ohhhh college....
Where your class sizes average to about 250.
Where teachers are now called professors.
Where tests are now called exams.
Where the school is now called a university.
Where I feel like a tiny ant in the middle of a jungle.
Where (at BYU) we now start class with an opening prayer
and song...that will take some time to get used to....
We'll see how I do at this new place.
WISH ME LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment