Monday, April 2, 2012

Living and Loving Life.

Last semester, Aub and I took a photography class together.
Honestly...Aubrey's idea.
I only took it to be with her and to get an art credit fulfilled.
Ya...I learned a lot about photography and it was fun.
But I learned a lot more about life in general.

Jake Buntjer was our lab instructor and boy did we get lucky!
He is a legitimate photography and his work is incredible.


Anyways....it was his birthday today.
He invited us to his party tonight over at The Velour.
There was food, music, photo shoots with crazy hats and sumo wrestling going on.
It was quite the party!
Mista Jake Buntjer know's how to have fun.
We met some of his friends who are also amazing photographers.

Aubrey and I had a blast tonight.
We couldn't stop talking about how amazing those people were.
They find joy and happiness in everything.
I hear about people who just own the camera and take pictures and give themselves the title "photographer".
The people we met today were true artists.
They love life.
Life loves them.
They are accepting of other people.

Aub and I had photography assignments last semester that were nothing compared to Jake's work.
Yet....he loved our pictures and accepted them.
Some even brought tears to his eyes.
I respect Jake is so many ways.
Not only as a photographer...but as a friend.

On our way home, Aubrey said, "Being a photographer isn't just about being behind the camera..."
I finished off that sentence by saying, "but it's about being apart of the story."

I love it when we do that.
Tonight was amazing.
Thank you Mista Jake Buntjer for showing us how to live and love life.


No comments:

Post a Comment