Sunday, April 29, 2012

Last Night.

Aub moves out tomorrow.
It's not fun to think about.
I can't believe it's already been 2 semesters since I moved in with my best friend.
We went to church together which is always fun.
It was her last Sunday down here.
People are going to miss this girl like crazy!
I know I will.
I left after church to go listen to my brother Hugh speak in his ward {he did amazing}
Came home to a sight no one wants to see.
Your best friend packing up her side of the room.
I wasn't expecting it to be honest.
I thought she would wait a little bit longer but her desk was all packed up and cleaned out.
We said nothing.
We both went in for a big hug and just stood there.
Half of the room packed up.
We stood there in tears.
Nothing was said.
Nothing needed to be said. We both knew exactly what the other was thinking.

Some amigos came over which is always fun.
Had dinner at that apartment that I'll be moving into.
Went to ward prayer.

Aubrey and I decided to make it a memorable night.
So we did.
Pushed beds together.
Popped some popcorn.
Ate our favorite candy {milk duds for me...junior mints for Aub}
Watched Lion King {we are both Disney fanatics}
Movie ended.
I was really sleepy.
Aubrey pulled out her laptop and opened up her blog.
"Let's reminisce on our year together!" she says.
I was no longer sleepy.
We sat there on our blogs and laughed at the fun times we had.
Watched some videos of us.
Laughed.
Cried....a lot.
Hugged.
Best friends.

I am so happy that we had the night we had.
It was a happy/sad night.
Happy in the way that we got to spend it together and look back on fun memories.
Sad in the way that it was the last night in a long time that we will be sharing a room.


I love this girl...so much.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment