Monday, October 10, 2011

A Sunday full of Diversity!

So Aubrey and I got back to Orem late late Saturday night..
This resulted in us sleeping in on Sunday...
BUT! We did make it to sacrament meeting.
Where me and Aubrey were sustained for our new callings.
Aubs is on the Relief Society weekday activity planning committee...
She will do amazing things. haha
I am the ward choir pianist..
Wow...didn't see that one coming...
I've only had 4 other music callings.
But I am happy with it.
And every one sustained us! Hooray!

We came home to do some relaxing.
Our friend Kib came over and started making pupusas!
It's a Salvadorian meal.
My dad served in El Salvador and so we've had those a few times.
They were DELISH!


We enjoyed our pupusas while watching Modern Family.
I LOVE this show now!
Our other friend Jeremy from upstairs came over.
He started making us enchiladas.
I thought I would never have a home cooked Sunday meal while living down here.
Man we got it good!
They took a long time to make.
So worth it though!

We had a load of diversity in apt. H-1149 tonight!
We enjoyed the company of an:
asian
honduran
mexican/bolivian
mexican
and an indian
How awesome is that?
Aubrey, Elise and I were the only white girls present haha

Then I found a jabbawockeez mask on our counter after ward prayer
Kept me entertained for a bit!
Everyone decided to watch a scary movie.
Carlos, Aubrey, Me...not fans
So we sat in our room and played the guitar and had some good talks with our friend Losey!
(Carlos)
We took some fun pictures.
So much better than wetting my pants from a scary movie.


Then we had a visitor!
Our friend Todd.
Him and Carlos spoke in Espanol throughout the night.
Aubs and I spoke to each other in German.
It was great.
Just kidding
But we all had a grand ol' time in the room of Annie and Aubrey

I'd say it was a good Sabbath for H-1149!

No comments:

Post a Comment