Wednesday, October 26, 2011

By Small and Simple Things...

"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass..."

This has been my little motto for the past few weeks.
About a month ago, I was having bad luck in life.
Bad days at work.
Mean professors.
Sickness.
And just crummy days.

I decided to make some changes in my life.
Going to bed a little earlier.
Eating healthier.
Studying harder.
Praying every night.
And making better choices in my life.

These small choices made HUGE changes in my life.
Things are going very well and I couldn't be happier.
I find myself having more energy.
A bigger desire to be adventurous.
More willing to meet new people.
And draw closer to my Savior.

I'm not the only one who has experienced this in my life.
I hear about stories from other people who have experienced this too.
I heard one today.
It was living and walking proof that by
keeping the commandments,
being more positive,
communicating with your Heavenly Father,
being healthy,
etc. etc.
you will be blessed.

I don't know what this year would be like if I hadn't made the decision to move out.
It was a scary decision because I still wasn't 100% sure if coming to UVU was the best choice.
But after these past 2 weeks...
I am 100% sure of my decision.
I've gotten to know Aubs in a different way.
I got lucky with 4 other incredible roomies.
My relationship with my family has improved.
And my relationship with other people in my life has improved as well.

I'm stronger in testimony.
I'm more independent.
I'm more motivated to do well in school.

I'm working on going to the gym.
I'm working on managing my time and money.
I'm working on my confidence in myself and others.

But I know I am blessed to be where I am at in life.
Yep...
"By SMALL and simple things...are GREAT things brought to pass."


No comments:

Post a Comment