Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Someone Loves Me...


So I mentioned in an earlier post that last week was pretty darn miserable
Well it's the total opposite this week!
Holler!!...Me and Aubrey say that a lot.
Monday started off pretty well.
Went to science.
Went to work.
Went to Student Success.
Went to psychology...
NOT!
Our ward had FHE and I was stupid and signed up for Monday night classes.
I had the feeling to go to FHE so I followed that and went!
We went to Cornbellies at Thanksgiving Point and it was fantastic!
Me, Aubrey, Carlos and Kat drove together.
We did the corn maze first.
Nailed in. 10 minutes flat.
I will admit that we did cut corn...oops.

Losey and I "lost"
BUSTED!


The crew!

We ran into our friend Aimee from Clayton!
We also met her friend Jesse!
They came over to the apartment after FHE with their friend Daniel.
It's always fun making new friends!

"I'd drink to that!"
We love jamming in Carlos' stang!

Tuesday was a new day!
Woke up to go to work.
Work is getting a lot better compared to my first day.
Lots of change for me this year.
After work, Aubs and I were off to photography!
We took a quiz on an article we didn't read.
Luckily it was open laptop...so we dominated.
We left a little early...
My friend Trent came down for the night.
We dropped Aubrey off at class.
Off to the mall..
You know how much I love shopping..
Luckily we were only there for a good 7 minutes.
We bought Aubsie new guitar strings.
Trent is a pro so he noticed that her strings were worn down.
Then to panda!
Can I eat any of that food?..
NOPE.
But I was craving me some panda so we got some dinner.
Shortly after getting back, I left to go get Aubrey.
She took her psych test.
I know she aced it.
Always does!
We watched Across the Universe for a bit.
Then Trent re-strung the guitar.
I helped...sort of.
Saying goodnight to a dear friend is never fun.
I'm so blessed to have so many amazing people in my life!
Bed time came....at 2:30 AM.

Woke up as a zombie this morning.
Went to science, work and student success.
Mondays and Wednesdays are not my favorite days.
LONG.
Work was good today!
On my delivery, I noticed that I was missing an earring.
Not just an earring...Aubrey's favorite pair.
I told her about it and she was super great about it.
I offered to buy her a new pair.
As luck would have it, I didn't have to.
I got back to the store and the first thing I saw on the counter was the earring.
Blessings.
Then I turn around and guess who I see??
The one and only MINDY GLEDHILL!
She is one of my all time favorite musicians.
I taught her niece, Becca Winkle, last year at Clayton.
We actually danced to "Hourglass"...one of her songs.
I really look up to Mindy.
I ended up talking to her about her music and how wonderful her family is.
She was so darling!!
First person I had to tell was my best friend Elsa Jensen!
We talked on the phone about it.
Els is the one that got me into loving Mindy Gledhill!

I knew it was her because of her cute freckle under her left eye :)
Came home from work.
Opened my laptop.
Aubrey had left a post-it note on my screen.
We do that a lot to each other.
Today's note was extra special to me.
I was talking to her earlier today about some stuff that was on my mind.
She was nothing but supportive and amazing to talk to!
The note just made my life so much easier.
It's stuff like this that makes me so happy she is not only one of my best friends....
But my roommate AND little sister.
I look up to her in so many ways.


Now the title of this post is called "Someone Loves Me..."
That someone is my Heavenly Father.
Ya last week was lousy...but he is giving me this week to make up for it.
I've said my prayers every night without fail since I moved down here.
I feel His hand in my life every day.
All I need to do is live my life right so that I can continue to feel His spirit.
I'm so thankful for my amazing family and friends.
I've never been so happy.
I have amazing friends down here in Orem
I have amazing friends up at BYU-Idaho
I have amazing friends up in Salt Lake who come visit me down here.
I have an amazing and supportive family.
Ya...Someone Loves Me...

1 comment:

  1. Ya, I think I saw maybe 4 minutes of Across the Universe!

    ReplyDelete