Monday, October 24, 2011

Miracle Monday...


To start off....
I'm not a huge fan of Mondays..
I don't know anyone who is.

But today...
I LOVE MONDAYS!
I woke up and I looked at my phone to see that I had received a facebook message from one of my best friends..Trent.
Everyone deserves a message early in the morning saying good things about you and to have a good day.
I know that I definitely needed one.
Work was work.
While I was out on a delivery, I received a phone call from my friend Brian.
He gave me same good news and I was on cloud 9 for the rest of my shift.
Came home from work to head off to school.
Lo and behold...
A post-it note from my roommate Aubrey...

Me and Aubrey leave each other post-it notes for each other a lot of the time.
Aubrey knows just what to say in her notes to me.
It's TRUE!
Best friends are like sisters God forgot to give us!
I was already blessed to 2 sisters...Bethany and Jessica.
But God decided I would need more...so he gave me 2 more!
Aubrey and Elsa!



Anyhoosers...
Got ready for class and headed off to campus.
I received a strong impression to text a dear friend of mine...
Stephanie Wood.
She is one of my old dance teachers and one of my best friends.
All I said was, "Hey Steph! Sure love you!"
Turns out...Steph needed that text.
We both did.
We are both experiencing something in life where we can relate to each other.
Talking to her about her situation helped me forget about all of my problems and just focus on her.
I needed that.
Thanks Steph!
I had a good 45 minutes to kill before class.
So I got some studying in for my psychology midterm.
As I started studying, I felt a tap on my shoulder.
I looked up and saw a complete stranger.
He was an older looking man with a baseball cap, a UVU t-shirt and a bushy brown beard.
He said,
"You have a beautiful smile!"
Weirdly enough....I teared up a little bit as I thanked him.
Then I watched has he walked down to another desk and said to a stranger,
"I hope you have a wonderful day!"
I sat back in my chair and observed this man.
He walked down the hallway and said "hello!" to every one he passed.
It's people like him that inspire me to be more friendly and happy.
He will never know how much he changed my life today.
It took me a while to focus back on my psychology notes.
I just smiled the whole time.
Went to class and then came back home.
Sat and talked with Aubrey and Addison for a bit
and made myself a BLT.
I can honestly say that I am happy with where I am at right now.
This year is incredibly different than last year.

This is just a small testimony builder to me that prayers ARE answered.
That there IS someone on the other side listening to me.
Crying with me.
Laughing with me.
Blessing me with days like today.

Yes yes...
Rainy days and Mondays get me down....

But not today....
Miracle Mondays bring me up.



No comments:

Post a Comment