Monday, October 17, 2011

Eternally Grateful...



Today we had an interesting lecture in psychology.
Abuse.
Tonight I heard horror stories.
Stories I wish wouldn't be true.
Not only did I realize how big of an issue abuse it.
But I realized how amazing my family is.
I sat there in class thinking about my fam damily.
My parents who are incredible.
My sisters who are my bestest friends.
My brothers who are my pals.
My brother in law who is more like a true brother to me.
My future brother in law who adds a lot to our family.
Even my dog, Oscar came to mind.
We often take our families for granted.
I am so grateful to be living in a church where
the main concept is family.


My dad is a worthy priesthood holder
and not only caters to the needs of his family
but the needs of the members of his ward.
He is the best bishop I know.


My mom is one of my best friends.
She calls each one of her kids EVERYDAY.
Just to say "I love you."
Whether we live at home, in provo or even New York.
That phone call comes without failure.


I have 2 sisters. Man.
I can't express how much I love those 2 girls.
Jess and I are 7 years apart.
Beth and I are 5 years apart.
When we are all together,
You would think we were triplets.
I am so lucky to call my sisters my best friends.


My 2 brothers are hilarious.
I can always call them up for a good laugh.
I actually just got off the phone with Hugh 5 minutes ago.
What a blessing is it to be able to call Hugh or Stephen up just to say hello.



My brother in law and future brother in law are the best things that have happened to this family.
Seeing the love Jake has for Jess and
the love Andy has for Beth,
brings nothing but joy to my heart.
Sound so cliche and cheesy, but there is no
other way to describe it.
I have had amazing talks with both of them and the way they talk about my sisters
makes me want to find a future spouse who will talk the same way about me.
Jake, officially being in the family has become a legitimate brother to me.
I call him up often times to get a hold of Jess...but we usually end up having our own conversation for quite some time.


I look forward to getting to know Andy even more.
In Rosemary Beach, we had some good talks about life in general.
Of course, Beth was brought up.
But I got to know Andy as a brother.


Bottom line all you followers of my blog...
my family is the best.
I am so blessed.
I will never take them for granted.
We are eternal.
The Lord blessed me by putting me in this family.
He knew that I was going to go through some pretty rough times down here on Earth.
There is no way that I would have been able to get through some of them without my family.
My family takes my side in any situation.


I specifically remember Junior year of high school...
Drama was going on with some people.
I was an emotional wreck.
It was late late on a Tuesday night.
I was in my bed in tears.
Surrounded by...
Jessica
Bethany
My mom
My cousins, Kim
Missy
Steph.
They had my back.
They held my hand.
They cuddled with me on my small bed.
They wiped my tears.
They got me laughing by the end of the night.
I will never forget that night.

I will never forget the love I have for my family.
I am the luckiest girl in the world.
Argue all you want...
but..
my family is the best family out there.


2 comments:

  1. Wahoooooo! I didn't know you started a blog lover girl! This rocks...not to mention I LOVE the post about our family. Sometimes I don't realize how lucky we are. This was a perfect reminder for me. Thanks for the love chica.

    MUAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blog. Love it Annie but love you more! You are a wonderful, expressive, fun niece Annie Bananie!!!
    xoxoxo See you in Dec. Lots of love YFA

    ReplyDelete