Sunday, June 3, 2012

Saturday!


Clayton concert was last night.
For those of you who are aware of this particular day, 
you will come to the understanding that it  is very long. 
Started at 11 AM and ended at 9:30 PM.
I'm not gonna lie.
I went into the practice with a lousy attitude.
Mad that Synergy had to be there the whole time when we weren't even in the finale. 
I sat down with my best friend and we were both a little bitter.
I then walked up to the front of the auditorium and found a little down syndrome girl from "Starstruck"
sitting next to our director, Kim Clayton.
She sat with him and started at him wondering why he was paying attention to the group onstage and the sound system rather than looking at her and smiling.
She got his attention and smiled he did.
Laughed even.
It was then that I realized that this is the reason why we are here.
To smile.
To laugh.
To enjoy life.
This little girl sat with 6'7" D. Kim Clayton.
I feared the big teddy bear when I was her age. 
She was so brave to sit with him and take the time to get his attention and get him to smile!
My attitude for the whole day changed like that.
Synergy was told that we wouldn't start practicing for another hour or so.
What did we do?
We played games.
{Man I love this group}
We went to Cafe Rio.
{Again...I love this group}
Then we finally got to go on stage.
We had an energy that I've never felt before.
And it was even stronger during the actual concert.
I went home with Aub after practice.
Took a nap.
Got ready.
Returned back to Juan Diego.
"It's show time!"
I yelled as I walked in the dressing room.
{I've always wanted to say that}
The whole concert was amazing.
Synergy was amazing.
We even received a message on Facebook from Kim expressing 
his gratitude and encouraging us to keep it up.
After the show, 
Aub and I met up with our good friend Trent.
It was his birthday!
We got Island Flavor.
The famous green truck in Holladay.
First one of the summer!
It's here...
Happy Birthday to Trenton James English!
Went back to my house for the last shakes party with Clayton friends.
It was a good one.
It was just a good day.
Started out early.
Ended late.
Made the most of it.
Had a blast.


3 things that made this day so worth it.
Kim and that precious girl.
Spending all day with my bestie.
Coming home to my little Oscar.

1 comment: