Monday, February 6, 2012

Concert of angels...

Today was an incredible day.
After a lot of frustration, KSL ads, phone calls and texts,
Trent, Aubrey and I were able to get tickets to the Parachute concert.
Parachute is one of Trent's favorite bands.
He was stoked.
Tessa Barton and her band were opening for them.
Aubrey and I were stoked.
It was the best of both worlds.

Parachute was awesome!
I recognized a few of their songs.
They know how to put on a show!


Now rewinding to the pre-show.
I love watching Tessa perform.
Ever since her sweet sister Sophie passed away, I see so much of Sophie through Tessa.
I used to perform with Sophie in a singing and dancing group and I saw so much passion in her when she performed.
That passion shows through Tessa now.



"I want you to think of the most beautiful girl. She is tall. Has blonde hair and has an amazing voice...she is my sister Sophie Rose."
-Tessa Barton

Tessa performed a number called, "Walk With Me"
This is a song that her and Soph wrote together.
In The Venue is a loud joint but throughout this particular song, the audience was dead silent.
We all stood and listened to Tess perform this song.
It was Tessa.
Her guitar.
And Sophie's sweet spirit.
All on one single stage.
The power and spirit in the room was overwhelming.

This is a video that Tessa and her brothers made for Sophie on her birthday.
I've watched it 3 different times.
All 3 times of watching it have led me to tears.
Tessa is so strong.
Chas is so strong.
Luke is so strong.
The whole Barton family is so strong.


Keep singing through Tessa Sophie....
We all love hearing both of you sing.


No comments:

Post a Comment