Sunday, January 29, 2012

Passionate.

Something I am passionate about...

DANCE.

I dance when I'm upset.
I dance when I'm happy.
I dance to find joy.
I dance to change lives.
I dance and leave the world behind.
I dance and find myself lost in the music.

Dance has given me opportunities to travel the world.

Orlando, Florida at Epcot

Philippines 2012

I have been able to change lives.
I have been able to have my life changed by others.

Synergy 2010

I have been taught by many amazing teachers. 
These are people I look up to in so many ways,
These are people I will never forget.

 Susan DeMille & D. Kim Clayton

Susan has worked with me through 7 musicals.
She is a brilliant choreographer and director.
Anyone who has done a show with her will agree with me.
She pushes me hard, but shows me that she loves me at the same time.
She has taught me dedication.
I love Susan!

Kim is a second father to me.
I have been under his direction since I was 5 years old.
He scared me when I first saw him.
Hey! He's 6' 7"!
But he is nothing but a soft spoken man who has so much passion for what he does.
He has had over 7,000 students walk through his studio.
He has changed many many lives.
It's because of him, I am confident enough to perform in front of 4,000 people.
I love this man.                         

Dance has made me work hard in life.
I auditioned for Olympus Dance Company 3 times.
I finally made it after that 3rd audition.
Worth it?
I think yes!

Olympus Dance Company 2010 Seniors

Dance has helped me reach out to others.
I was able to work with a group called Starstruck.
This group is for kids who are handicapped.
I love these kids.
I have been forever changed by them.

Allison & Jeffrey 

I was able to teach at Clayton with the dance company.
I was only able to teach for a year because I moved down to Orem for school.
I loved teaching dance!
Not only did I teach these girls, but they taught me many lessons as well!
Shanay, Becca, Ellie, Mikayla and Andrea became little sisters to me.
I loved this group!

Xcite 2010-2011

Not only did I get to teach a dance company group,
But I got to be in one!
I loved Monday nights!
It was a night where I got to teach for 3 hours,
and then dance for 2!
There girls became some of my best friends.
We all got so close!

Dream 2011

The dance company staff was amazing to work with.
Steph Dowse, Steph Wood and Megan became some of my best friends.
We are al in Synergy together and it is so much fun to be in a group with all 4 of us.
Vanessa was the dance company director. 
She did a wonderful job!


Clayton Dance Company Teachers 2010-2011

This past summer, 
I was able to be in my dream show.
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
I was in the children's chorus when I was 6 back at Kingsbury Hall.
Being a wife/dancer in this show was a dream come true for me!
And I got to be in it with my brother Hugh and some close friends!

Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in Draper 2011


I guess you could say that I love dance!
I'm very passionate about it.
I love what it's taught me.
I love how it's impacted my life.
I love how I've changed lives.
I love how I've been changed by others.
I love performing.
I love learning.
I love teaching.
I. LOVE. DANCE.











No comments:

Post a Comment