Sunday, March 11, 2012

I'm in a New York state of mind...

Think of being in the greatest place on earth.
With the greatest people on earth.
New York City.
With Jessica and Jake Garrett.

Last summer I went to New York for my birthday.
It was the best week and the highlight of my summer.
Seeing the city and living the New York life with Jess was amazing.
Jake was out of town the whole week so I got my sister to myself.

Fast forwarding to January 2012.
I thought to myself..."Annie...it's time to head back over to the Big Apple."
Without any hesitation, I looked up the dates for my Spring Break and call Jess.
Her spring break was the exact same week.
Tickets were bought.
March 10, 2012.
I was on a plane heading to what will be known as the best spring break ever!

Flew into Denver at 4:00.
What's this I see?
Flight to NYC delayed?
Can't be too  long of a delay.
Welp...3 hours later, I was on my way to NYC.
Got in at what I thought was 2 AM.
No Annie....it's daylight savings.
3:00 AM it is.

Took a taxi to Jess and Jake's apartment.
As I pulled up, Jake, Jess AND the Hurley dog were waiting outside for me.
We hurried upstairs and there was the pull out bed all set up for me with a nice welcome note and a chocolate on my pillow.
Jake and Jess really know how to make me feel right at home.

Slept.
Until 11.
Woke up and Jake had already headed to church.
Jess and I got ready and headed off to relief society.
Oh wait...the subway stop by their apartment was closed for the day.
Uptown we go!
Get on the subway.
Right as it starts to go, it made an immediate stop.
Causing a man to fall over.
We were stuck for a good 15 minutes.
What's the emergency? Everyone was thinking?
They finally let us off saying it wasn't going to run.

We just want to go to church.
We aren't doing anything bad!
Why is this all happening?

We started heading back downtown.
Trying to get a cab.
After 20 minutes and walking and cab hunting, we finally got one.
We made it right on time to Relief Society.

After church, we headed home.
Jess made us lentil tacos!
They were amazing.
Not to mention her homemade guacamole.
**Side note....Jess is an INCREDIBLE cook. We ate like kings and queens**
Jake and I were tired so we both took naps while Jess did some reading.

I woke up to her making dinner.
Best thing ever.
She made pasta for dinner!
She was amazing enough to make me my own GLUTEN FREE pasta!
We made our "toasties".
They are slices of toasted baguettes cream cheese and sliced tomatoes cooked in sugar.
A-MAZING!

We ended the night with watching "Something Borrowed".
What's a movie with Jess and Jake without some popcorn and mini peanut butter cups? :)

Yes the flight was long and miserable.
Worth it.
You betcha!

Stayed tuned for more N-Y-Cizzle adventures!


No comments:

Post a Comment