Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of...

Day 5:
SUCCESS!
This has probably been one of my favorite days so far!

Jess made a delicious lunch and we packed it up and headed off the Central Park with little Hurley!
It was such a beautiful day!
It was a long walk....BUT I've actually gotten used to walking long distances now.
[plus...I am in better shape than I was last year]

We set up our picnic.
Chicken/Pepper/Pineapple lettuce wraps.
With grapes and strawberries and of course....mini-peanut butter cups :)
Played fun games and played with Hurley!



We headed over to Anne Taylor's apartment.
She is this lady in their ward who Jess visit teaches.
She is hilarious! And so friendly!
Jake and I sang some hymns for her and we ended with a prayer.
This lady is my hero. 


Went to get some doggie food for Hurley.
I ended up buying him a new chew toy...he's like a nephew to me.
I am going to spoil Jess and Jake's kids...once they have them.

Went to Trader Joe's.
Ya...Utah needs one of these.

Got home and Jess got right to cooking....of course :)
She made this butter-nut squash soup.
I had a bite.
Died.
And went to heaven.
It was incredible. 
Just when you think she can't get any better...she makes butter nut squash soup and it blows your mind!
After dinner, we played some Dutch Blitz.
Now...if you ever want to be a part of the Larry & Tammy Pinnock fam damily....you must learn this game.
We played for a while.
Made popcorn.
Cracked open some coke and orange soda.
Got the mini-peanut butter cups.
And popped in some Friends.



Jess and I LOVE Friends because it's like a really really really long movie.
LOVE IT!
Jake went to bed and Jess and I took Hurley out to go to the bathroom.
By the time we got back, it was 1:30.
When we got back, Jess came over and sat on my bed.
We talked and talked.
I have really missed her.
It's nice to have someone sit and talk to you when you know you are both tired and they could be sleeping.
Then Jess says, "Will you do one more thing for me?....will you watch another episode of Friends and cuddle with me on your bed?"
Man....it just warms my heart just typing that.
This was a very memorable moment for me.
I didn't even hesitate to say yes.
We did so and ended the night.
I love my sister and I am so grateful for her.
Best friends.
Sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment