Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 3 in the Big Apple.

Day 3.
Monday.
Oh Monday.
I hate Mondays.
But...not in New York!

Woke up and got ready for the day.
Jess and I skyped Aub before heading out!

In "Something Borrowed", there is a place where they eat.
The SHAKE SHACK!
Jess and I went there last year for ice cream but we decided to get lunch this time around.
However....
The line:


As you can see...this is a popular place!
We waited for a while and finally ordered!


We had burgers, fried AND out very favorite....Concrete Jungle shake!
It's tradition!

We took a walk around that park and talked and talked.
Jess is a really good listener.
I updated her on life, friends, family and school.
I love my sister.

We met up with Jake.
He opened up an email with us regarding his application for the PHD program at the U of U.
UTAH MAN SIR! A UTAH MAN IS HE!
We were so excited for him!


Off to Ground Zero.
Such a quiet and amazing spirit there.
It's almost like you can't hear the hustle and bustle of the city while there.
Both of the fountains are complete and they are still working on the museum and the tower.
It was a good time for us 3 to stop and feel the spirit of those who lost their lives on 9/11.



To finish out our 9/11 pondering,
we headed out to Staten Island on a ferry.
There is another memorial there for those who lived on Staten Island.
The theme of the memorial was "Postcards from Staten Island."
Again, a hushed spirit was there.

I love how New York shows their love for those who lost their lives.
It was a day that may have changed the world,
but I think it changed New York City alone.


We were getting Hungry so we headed back over to the city.
Dinner time!!
We went to Jake's favorite place.
Araga.
It's an Indian place that Jake loves.
In celebration of his Ute victory, we enjoyed a nice meal there.
What's a dinner without dessert??
We went to this gelato place called Grom.
It. Was. AMAZING!!


Ended the night the way we do.
Took Hurley out for a walk.
Popped some popcorn.
Watched Friends.
It's a nice tradition Jess and I made last year when I visited.
Why not carry it on?!

Good night big world!

1 comment:

  1. Wahoooooooooooo!!!!!!! I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE POSTING ABOUT OUR FUN TRIP! I miss you so freaking much. Keep posting - I love this.

    ReplyDelete