Saturday, March 17, 2012

Attempt to leave the big city....

I honestly didn't want this day to come.
This week at New York was so amazing and I couldn't have been happier here.
Woke up and got ready for the day.

Headed over to some fun cafe with Jake and Jess.
I can't remember the name...
BUT....it was incredible!
It was so much fun spending one last day with Jake and Jess!

Headed off to to the airport...on a bus.
Jess and I were on the bus...for 3 hours.
We hit really bad traffic.
I ended up splitting a cab with some strangers on the bus who needed to catch a flight too.
That's something that I love about New York.
You make friends in the most bizarre ways.
I got to the airport just 5 minutes after the gate for my flight had been closed.
I missed my flight.
I needed to get home because I had Synergy the next day.
This put me in tears and panic.
After phone calls to home and Jess, we came to the conclusion that I would just be put on s
standby for a flight the next morning.
After I pulled myself back together, I started to giggle.

WHY ON EARTH AM I CRYING?!
WHY AM I PANICING?
WHY AM I UPSET??

I get to stay in New York for an extra night for FREE!
I got cab back to their apartment.
Jess was already at a relief society activity so Jake and I got dinner.
Chipotle. His treat. :)
We met up with Jess and their church.
They were having a clothing exchange and so we got some fun stuff!

Got home and Jess put on a fashion show for me with her new clothes!
We popped in some Friends and had an amazing last night!

Woke up the next day....EARLY.
Made it to the airport....EARLY.
Got on the flight....EARLY.
BUT...all that matters is that I got on a flight and I made it home!

It was such an amazing trip and it was hard to leave.
Jess and Jake made it such a special week for me.
They took good care of me and made me so happy.

Sorry it took so long post about the final days of my amazing trip.

I am so happy that I was able to go over there and spend time with some of my favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment