Wednesday, October 30, 2013

We Never Walk Alone.

I have gotten into this new habit recently {okay...in the last 2 days} where I have read a General Conference talk before I go to bed and when I wake up. I'm not going to lie, I feel like General Conference talks have been something I have taken for granted throughout my life. I have amazing friends who read talks on a weekly basis and they have that spirit of Christ about them as they live their lives. It's something I have ached to have for a while but I have never taken the initiative to really sit down and read a talk or two. A few nights ago I was exhausted and feeling quite down. I opened up my phone and opened up the handy dandy Gospel Library app. I downloaded general conference talks not knowing which one to read. I came across President Monson's talk at the General Relief Society Conference. "We Never Walk Alone". Those 4 words sucked me right in. I opened up the talk and began reading. Tears were in my eyes as I felt this overwhelming calm feeling that I haven't had in weeks. I slept like a baby that night only to wake up and read another talk by our lovely apostle Elder Holland. {one of my favies}

I am grateful for the new habit. I have many habits {biting my nails, playing a game of sudoku before going to bed, picking at my split ends, talking to myself in the car...hey I get lonely sometime}. Some of my habits aren't the best I know... but I think I'm going to like this new one.

"You will one day stand aside and look at your difficult times, and you will realize that He was always there beside you."
-President Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment