Wednesday, October 23, 2013

.oh.india.


Everyday I am missing my beautiful India more and more. There are days where life here in the states is nothing but stressful and overwhelming. I find myself having negative attitudes and thoughts. But then I have to remember what I learned over in India. Life is beautiful. Live it. I loved the experience I had over there and I would go back over there in a heart beat. I pray for my India family every night.

Things I miss about India:

>>Walking across the street. A girl in my India team even told me that I walked across the Indian streets like a boss. {her words}
>>Spitting on the side of the road without people giving me weird looks. Spitting there was a norm.
>>The ward. I miss them every day.
>>Bolly/Tollywood movies. Movie night anyone?
>>Wearing sarees. Even though the Relief Society would spend over half of the lesson retying them for us, I still loved how comfortable and beautiful they were.
>>While on the subject of clothing....I miss all of the beautiful Indian clothing. We would be sitting on the bus and us girls would 'oo' and ahh' over the beautiful sarees.
>>The service. I miss dedicating my life to service for 3 months.
>>The food...sometimes. haha
>>The prices. A bottle of water: 30 rupees...20 cents
                       A puff: 5 rupees... -10 cents
                       An entire meal... 65 rupees... $1
                       A saree...400 rupees... $7
                       An entire Indian outfit {pants, churidar, scarf}...800 rupees...$15
...ya you would miss the prices too.
>>The bus. We would meet so many friends on the bus. One of them even stole a cucumber for me.
>>Getting stared at {not the creepy stares}. I just loved feeling different.
>>The music. Seriously. I love Indian music!
>>Dr. Meera, Urmi, Bindu, Vacenta and Mary. My India mothers. I miss them everyday.
>>The children. Indian children are beautiful and full of so much spirit.
>>Feeling unconditional love each and everyday.
>>Being on my own. India was my thing and I loved how personal it was to me.

I still can't believe I lived in such a beautiful country full of so many beautiful people.

I am so grateful that India was the kind of experience that was so amazing that landing in the SLC airport was so incredibly hard that I cried my eyes out as that plane landed. I will never forget the amazing 3 months spend in India.



"Bags are packed you're on your way.
But all you wanna do is stay.
How could you know you'd be okay
When that plane took you HOME for the first time?
Embrace the anchor of your life.
And hurry on and catch that flight.
And when you first stepped off that plane,
You know you're life has changed.

Oh India...I never knew you'd be so kind.
Oh India...I never knew you'd take my side.
Oh India...the way you pulled me in and changed my life.
Oh India...Oh India.

You settle in you find your stride.
At times you wanna change your mind.
You open up and you realize,
Your HOME is sitting there before your very eyes.

Oh India...I never knew you'd be so kind.
Oh India...I never knew you'd take my side.
Oh India...the way you pulled me in and changed my life.
Oh India...Oh India.

Nine thousand miles away you cry.
The children laugh you start to find,
the reason for this ache inside.
You're calling's here it's clear,
and now it is your time.

Oh India...I never knew you'd be so kind.
Oh India...I never knew you'd take my side.
Oh India...the way you pulled me in and changed my life.
Oh India...Oh India.

Oh India."


-Lyrics by T.J.E.





















What a blessing it is to have met so many people that made
saying goodbye so incredibly difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment