Sunday, September 2, 2012

B. Lake.

There are families who enjoy their annual trip to Lake Powell.
Jackson Hole.
St. George. 
California.
Europe.
Cruises.

For my family...
Bear Lake is the place to be.
So many things about this place makes it a second home for us.
Playing "The first person to spot the red roof of the cabin wins!"
Rook.
Having 9 billion dogs up there.
Raspberry shakes from Bear Cave.
Boating.
The BABLE (Bike Around Bear Lake Extravaganza)
Amazing food.
Taking up the whole right side of the ward.
Watching movies on the projector.
Cuddle sessions.
Did I mention the amazing raspberry shakes??

It's all just so amazing.
Having 45 people up there in 2 cabins is nothing but a treat.
It is my home away from home. 
We were all there except for Jake and Jess.
They were missed.
But we did enjoy ourselves.

We rented out a bowling alley up there and boy was that fun?!
There were 10 lanes.
They were all filled up.
I really love my family.







We went to church today.
We thought about splitting up and going to 2 different wards.
But that takes the fun out of going to church as a family.
So we headed to Paris, Idaho and went to church.
Not lying.... my family took up the whole right side of the chapel.
It was amazing.
Some of us bore our testimonies. 
I loved it.
Came home to watch Monsters Inc.
Snuggled and took a nap.
I loved it.
Ate a yummy lunch provided by my mother.
Took a nap. 
I loved it.
Woke up and we all gathered in the family room to watch my Ecuador video and my cousin Rachel's Cambodia video.
I loved it.
Loaded the car with Hugh, grandma and Gohar.
Drove home.
Talked to my grandma the whole time.
She told me stories about her sweetheart and my hero...Grandpa Hugh Pinnock.
I loved it.
I loved looking over at her as she told me about ApApDnarg.
She had an amazing light radiating off of her face. 
I love her.

I love Bear Lake.
I love not having service up there.
I love my cousins. 
I love the dogs. 
I love just cramming into one room and enjoying each other's company.
And I love the raspberry shakes.... a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment