Sunday, September 16, 2012

Angels were there...

Sundays have been nothing but stressful for me lately.
Isn't it supposed to be a day of rest?
From preparing Sunday school lessons...
To trying to get to family dinners on time...
To attending multiple homecomings in one day...
To not being able to take my traditional Sunday nap....
Sunday's seem a little hectic.
Today was hectic.
BUT.
I witnessed a miracle.
A miracle that may or may not have even occurred.
But I saw and felt something amazing.

I was sitting in my friend Brian's homecoming.
During the sacrament, I looked over across the aisle and saw a little girl.
She looked about 13 and had long, beautiful brown hair with a yellow bow in it.
She was severely handicapped.
She had the mind set of a 3 year old as she would sit on her mother's lap, resting her head on her shoulder while cuddling up in her pink baby blanket.
She was smiling and I knew that she felt the security, warmth and love of her mother.
Then something incredible happened.
This little girl sat up and just stared at the vacant aisle.
Her head and eyes moving along as if she was following the movement of something...or someone.
She motioned to her mother.
Not being able to speak.
Little grunts were the noises she made.
She pointed.
She waved.
She smiled.
This went on during the entire time the sacrament was being passed.
I couldn't help but sit and watch this little girl witness something that I dream of witnessing myself.
Angels.
I have heard stories before of children seeing angels in church.
I have a firm belief that this little girl saw angels.
You can judge me all you want and think I'm wrong and strange.
I don't care.
I know what I saw and I know how I felt.
Angels were there.
I have no doubt in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment