Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Sure Foundation...

I spent 90% of my Saturday preparing my sunday school lesson.
This was my first lesson to prepare and I didn't know where to start.
Well I knew that I for sure had to start on my knees.
After I said my prayer, I stood up and jumped right into the manuel.
Who knew that preparing a lesson was this difficult?
It was tiring.
Hard.
Emotional.
Confusing.
I felt like there was no hope.
I felt like no one in the class would understand what I was trying to say.
I felt lost.
I felt very immature in the gospel and I was really discouraged.
Why did my bishop give me this calling?
Why was I given this lesson to prepare?
Why was I only given 2 days to prepare it?
I found it all to be so unfair.
I finally put on Jon Schmidt's album, "Hymns Without Words"
It shut out everything that was distracting me and making me doubt myself.
The obnoxious motorcycle the kept driving by.
My roommate and her friends watching TV.
The people in the pool outside my window.
The air conditioning blowing like crazy.
It was all gone.
It was peaceful.
I found myself applying myself to the lesson.
I found myself smiling.
It was getting easier.

I woke up this morning and finished preparing my lesson.
I taught it to myself in the bathroom mirror while getting ready.
Tears filled my eyes at some points of the lesson.
I finally understood.
I finally got it.

The lesson went pretty well.
There were a few people who participated.
It was helpful.
I was nervous and shaky but I got through it.
I got through it with help from the spirit.

It was stressful preparing this lesson.
But it was all worth it.
Our Savior is our rock.
Our redeemer.
Build your life upon the rock of our Savior.
Never doubt Him.
Never give up on Him.
He never gave up on you when He was on the cross.
I love my Savior...so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment