Wednesday, July 17, 2013

.bangalor.

What I love about being here and working our tails off is being able to take a break every few weeks to go on weekend vacations around India. First stop. BANGALOR! After a 10 hour bus ride and no sleep, we finally made it to beautiful Bangalor. It's so interesting how different one city in India is from another. Bangalor is really green and just full of life! We spent out first day settling in, shopping, swimming and eating out at TGI Fridays. You all know how much I love that restaurant and to be honest....I was a little disappointed. The Jack Daniel's sauce is a little sad tasting. But it's all good! The next day we headed to Mysore! This is a city just 4 hours outside of Bangalor. We went to Mysore palace. This is where the emperor lived and where people would come visit. It is BEAUTIFUL!! Best part of this visit? Riding and elephant AND a camel!! Two items on my bucket list have been crossed off! It was unreal standing next to such a beautiful animal...the elephant that is...the camel was....well interesting looking. haha But it really was so rad standing next to animals that I only see in movies and pictures. Riding them was an experience! The elephant was way fun! Eric and I rode the camel and it was actually quite uncomfortable. When I got on the camel I thought "hut hut!" from Prince of Egypt...but I don't understand how they could ride on a running camel. It was painful just riding one that walked around. Man I still can't believe I rode these amazing animals!! India has been too good to us!

Still in shock!

The elephant even posed for the camera!

Me and the roomies!

Hut! Hut!

Mysore Palace!...so sad we couldn't say pictures inside because it was BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment