Thursday, April 18, 2013

.india.

As most of you know, I have the amazing opportunity to go to India this summer. Last week we had a huge training day and that is where it really hit me. THIS. IS. HAPPENING. There is no turning back. Heck! I don't want to turn back! As I sat there in the training course, I couldn't help but think about how blessed I am to have this incredible opportunity to go to India and do something I have always wanted to do. For THREE months. When I tell people I am going to India for a humanitarian trip they usually assume I am going for 2 weeks or so. 95% of the time I need to correct them and tell them about this whole 3 month "schpeal". And 95% of the time the reaction is "3 months?! Seriously?! That's a long time!"...or..."3 months?! Good for you!" Yes 3 months is a long time and yes I am extremely terrified. Anxious really. However, the feelings of excitement overpower the anxiety I get from this trip. 
I cannot wait. 



No comments:

Post a Comment