Thursday, April 18, 2013

.healing.power.

I had an eye-opening conversation with my sister, Jessica, the other day and there were things that were said that I will never forget. Our conversation involved so many topics but a topic that really hit home for me was the topic of missionary work. A few months ago I started and finished my mission papers. All that was left was my interview with my stake president and bam. They were done. However, I never had that interview. I needed to take a step back and figure out WHY I, Anna Marliyn Pinnock, was wanting to serve a mission. I needed to figure out WHY I was wanting to put my life on hold for 18 months to serve my Heavenly Father. I found myself confused and discouraged. I decided to take time to figure this out. Mission papers were put on hold. This was one of the hardest decisions I had made in a really long time. But I knew it was what I needed to do. I then auditioned to be a young performing missionary in Nauvoo. After receiving an email saying I hadn't made it, I called my mom in tears. I was scared to tell her I didn't make it. My biggest fear in life is disappointing people and putting my mission papers on hold and then not making this audition was a huge disappointment to me and I would hate to disappoint my own mother. After telling her the news, she immediately comforted me and told me she loved me and was proud of me. Her next comment came as a shock to me. "Let's look into India. Let's get you over there this summer!"....India...of course! My next course of action was applying, getting accepted, interviewing and preparing. It felt like preparing for a mission almost. 

Now this is where my conversation with Jess comes in. There are still times I feel like I have disappointed people by choosing to not continue on with my mission papers. I told Jessica that I still feel like I have disappointed loved ones by choosing India over a mission. I said, "I know that I won't be PREACHING and TEACHING the gospel to children of God." Jessica then said something that really hit home for me.... she said, "Ya, but Annie, you will be HEALING the souls of children of God."...wow. Wow. HEALING the souls of children of God. This really put it into perspective for me. 

When Christ walked this earth, he taught and taught and taught. He shared the gospel and taught people gospel principles. Not only did Christ teach, but he HEALED. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to HEAL. Will I make the lepers clean as Christ did? Will I be able to make their sores go away? No. BUT. I will HEAL their hearts and souls. Thank you Jessica for helping my focus on my current mission in life. 
Healing the souls of the children of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment