Tuesday, April 1, 2014

.happiness.

Last night my best friend reminded me that happiness is a choice.
And I've decided to make that choice.
Life can get so overwhelming and confusing at times that we often forget to smile and be happy.
I am so incredibly blessed to have people in my life who make being happy easy.

Last night I decided to do more things that make me happy.
I realized that it's been a long time since I've done something that I enjoy doing
because it makes me happy.

Today…classes were cancelled by some miracle.
I was able to sleep at my parents house last night because that makes me happy.
I even slept with my best buddy Oscar.
I got to sleep in today because I LOVE sleeping and I don't get much sleep anymore.
I hung out with my dad for lunch.
Played the piano.
Dyed my hair.
Went to Cafe Rio with my beautiful sister.
Got her a few baby gifts.
{baby peanut comes in t-minus 10 days.. eek!}
Went baby shopping.
Played with my dog.
Played the piano some more.
And went to Beyond Measure practice.

I did all of these things because they make me happy and well… I never get days like this where I don't have class or work.

So my loved ones… Go do something that makes you happy!
Putting off my homework today was so worth it.
I get to go to bed with a smile on and that's all I needed today.

…Happiness is two kinds of ice cream and tying your shoes for the very first time…
-Kim Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment