Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lost.

I was driving home by myself last night.
I love driving by myself.
It gives me time to turn on music that I want to listen to.
I put my phone on silent.
I usually ignore texts or phone calls.
It's Annie time.
Not anyone else's time.
I found myself lost in the lyrics of a song.
I found myself being the story of the song.
Being a musician and someone who has grown up loving music,
I find this to be a regular occurrence.
I love it.
I love taking the time to listen to the lyrics.
I love putting myself in the song writer's shoes.
I get lost in their story.
I don't even realize that I have now pulled into my apartment parking lot.
It's when the music shuts off that I come to reality and know that
there is a world out there.
That there is other noise out there besides the sound of a voice, piano and guitar.
It sometimes breaks my heart.
I wish my life was a constant song that never ended.
I love being lost in the lyrics.
I love not caring about the outside world.
I love music.
I love the power it has in my life.
The influence.
The emotion.
The passion.



No comments:

Post a Comment